Southworth Company Interview Out Takes Contest Rules
265 Main St
Agawam, Ma 01001
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- ALL SOUTHWORTH COMPANY CONTESTS ARE INTENDED FOR ENTRY ONLY BY INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN THE UNITED STATES AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- Official Rules Applicable to All Contests of Southworth Company (each, a “Contest”):
- 1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN ANY CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING ANY CONTEST. Each Contest is open and offered only to legal residents of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are 16 years of age or older at the time of entry (each, a “Participant”). Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings) and those living in their same households (whether or not related) of Southworth Company (“Sponsor”), and any of its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies and Web masters/suppliers (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited. Subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility requirements, at any time. By participating, Participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. 2. CONTEST PERIOD: Each Contest’s period of activity is set out in that Contest’s description located on Sponsor’s Facebook webpage (each, a “Contest Description”). The Contest Description for each particular Contest sets binding dates for the following: 1) the date and time when the Contest begins and Participants may submit Entries, defined below, to participate in the Contest; 2) the date and time when the Contest ends and Participants may no longer submit Entries to participate in the Contest; and 3) the date and time when the Contest’s winner(s) will be announced.3. CONTEST ASSIGNMENT: The objectives and assignments for any particular Contest are set forth in that Contest’s Contest Description (each, a “Contest Assignment”). A Participant’s response, including electronic materials submitted, to a Contest Assignment shall be known as an Entry.
4. TO ENTER: Participants may enter a Contest through the applicable Contest application on the Facebook Platform (the “Website”). Access the Contest’s application and follow the online instructions to register, upload and submit your Entry according to these Official Rules as specified herein and in the Contest Assignment. Once a Participant has uploaded and submitted his/her Entry to a Contest, that Participant will be deemed to have entered that Contest. Any applicable limit(s) to the number of Entries per Participant in any particular Contest are set forth in that Contest’s Contest Description.
5. CONTEST ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not previously won awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name or likeness is used in the Entry (and as depicted in Entry are 16 or older); and (f) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such Participant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. The Entry must meet the following guidelines:
• Entries must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Website;
• Entries uploaded through the Website must be in a format stated in the Contest Assignment and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Website;
• Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or depict nudity or any inherently dangerous activity;
• Entry cannot promote the use of alcohol, marijuana, illegal or prescription drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda, position or message;
• Entry cannot be obscene or offensive or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
• Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by Sponsor), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except for brands or products owned by Sponsor), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, telephone numbers, email addresses or street addresses;
• Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, motion pictures or other media) without permission. Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights, and any use of materials not original to the Participant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from a Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likenesses or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use the same in connection with your Entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
• No background artwork should appear in an Entry unless it is an original work of the Participant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Entries must be created solely by the Participant or Participant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
• Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
• Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
• Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself be in, any violation of any law.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click /our-site/ if you wish to report it. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE, IF ANY, WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any Participant obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of Participant obligations. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to request that any Participant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Entry requirements prior to the end of the Contest.
6. VOTING AND JUDGING OF ENTRIES: The manner and mechanisms by which Sponsor shall evaluate and judge the Entries applicable to each Contest is set forth in the Contest Description. In the event the Contest features a mechanism by which consumers and other visitors to the Sponsor’s Facebook page vote in favor of any Entry, such voting will be limited to one (1) “vote” per week during the Contest’s period. Only members of Facebook shall be entitled to “vote”. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who in any manner attempts to “vote” in contravention of this Rule #6, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. PRIZES: Prizes applicable to each Contest are set forth in that Contest’s Contest Description. (Listed at end of Contest Rules)
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Contest winners will be notified on or about one (1) month following the end of the Contest and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) and an Assignment of Rights within twenty (20) days of receipt of notification, as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If those documents are not returned within twenty (20) days of their delivery, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, that Contest prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate Participant even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been announced. Prizes won by an eligible Participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to that minor’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who must sign and return all required documentation on Participant’s behalf. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email, mailing address and/or telephone number of Participants.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each Participant agrees that (a) Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Promotion Parties (collectively, “Released Parties”), and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents are released will have no liability whatsoever, for, and shall be held harmless by that Participant against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in any Contest or any Contest-related activities and/or use of any Entry; (b) under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages or expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with any Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agree to confirm such grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of Participant’s name, picture, likenesses, voice, biographical information and statements, and Entry (whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other works) at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the Participant. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Participants. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, will not place Sponsor under any obligation, Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise use the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor, Released Parties nor their agencies are responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, or non-delivered Entries, emails, votes; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor, Released Parties and their agencies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in any Contest; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or voting process or operation of any Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsor, Released Parties and their agencies are not responsible for injury or damage to participant, participant’s computer or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in any Contest or downloading or copying materials from or use of the Website. If, for any reason, any Contest (or online voting), in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of any Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend that Contest, and determine the winner(s) from eligible Entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor (based solely on the judging criteria listed above if online voting is cancelled). If such malfunction, error, disruption or damage occurs, and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of any Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate that Contest by posting a notice on the Website.
In no event will Sponsor, Released Parties, or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the Website or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT AS PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: By entering a Contest, each Participant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with that Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, each Participant consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Hampden County, Massachusetts, USA.
12. LISTS OF WINNERS: For the names of the winner(s) of the Contests, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: Contest Winners List, Southworth Company, 265 Main Street, Agawam, MA 01001.
Sponsor: Southworth Company, 265 Main Street, Agawam, MA 01001.
Interview Out Takes Prize Description: Value $345.00
Includes full sized packages of the following Southworth products:
- 32 lb. 100% Cotton Resume Paper, White, 100 pack
- 32 lb. 100% Cotton Resume Paper, Ivory, 100 pack
- 24 lb. 100% Cotton Resume Paper, White, 100 pack
- 24 lb. 100% Cotton Resume Paper, Ivory, 100 pack
- 24 lb. 100% Cotton #10 Envelopes, White, 50 pack
- 24 lb. 100% Cotton #10 Envelopes, Ivory, 50 pack
- 9 X 12 Resume Envelopes and Folders, White, 5 pack
- 9 X 12 Resume Envelopes and Folders, Ivory, 5 pack
- 25% Cotton 9 X 12 Resume Envelopes, White, 25 pack
- 25% Cotton 9 X 12 Resume Envelopes, Ivory, 25 pack
- (1) Leather Padfolio, Black